Discover How Your Heart Beats in Southwest Manitoba
Welcome to a Prairie Escape
Imagine a land as rich in heritage as it is in wheat. A land where the horizon stretches on seemingly forever, where the sky is vast and blue, and where every sunset is an occasion to remember.
Southwestern Manitoba remains today, as it has been for thousands of years, an inviting and abundant land, full of promise and prosperity. It was the promise of the land which drew the Native inhabitants hunting bison, the first explorers like La Verendrye, and later the fur traders and coureurs de bois. Come and explore, and you will be drawn in too.
From Riding Mountain in the North to Turtle Mountain in the South, from fields of wheat to fresh water lakes, valleys, vistas and unique desert-like ecosystems; no matter where you go, you’ll find that Southwestern Manitoba is a land known for its hospitality.
Westman is active in the southwest region of Manitoba, encompassing 42 municipalities, 55 towns and villages, 5 First Nations and the City of Brandon. Manitoba’s Westman region covers approximately 12,000 square miles with a population of approximately 120,000 people. The region is bounded on the south by the Canada/US border, bounded on the west by the Manitoba Saskatchewan border, bounded on the east by the Highway #34 from the US border to Gladstone, Hwy #16 to Neepawa, Hwy #5 to Junction #357 and across.
Riders posing at 20 Selected Locations within ONE riding season will earn the exclusive Westman Manitoba by Motorcycle patch indicating they explored Western Manitoba by Motorcycle.
Please use the #explorewestman or #tourismwestman hashtag on all social media posts. Our marketing team will see this and share your posts.
Westman Manitoba by Motorcycle Stops
- Spruce Woods Provincial Park, Glenboro
- Turtle Mountain Provincial Park, Boissevain
- Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers
- Farmery Estate Brewery, Neepawa
- Souris Swinging Bridge, Souris
- Riverbank Discovery Centre, Brandon
- Happy Rock, Gladstone
- Margaret Laurence Home, Neepawa
- Sunny the Banana, Melita
- Manitoba Antique Automobile Museum, Elkhorn
- Boissevain Outdoor Art Gallery, Boissevain
- Tommy Turtle, Boissevain
- Cabrea the Snow Goose, Dunrea
- Sara the Camel, Glenboro
- Wakpa Tanka Lookout, Miniota
- Clay Banks Bison Jump, Cartwright
- Camp Hughes Heritage Site, Carberry
- Westman Reptile Gardens, Douglas
- Farmhouse 50, Minnedosa
- Minnedosa Museum & Heritage Village, Minnedosa
- The Dairy Bar, Souris
- Bison General, MacGregor
- The Gardens Diner, Elkhorn
- Country Crocus Bakeshop, Hamiota
- Mid-west Arts Centre Mural, Hamiota
- Gladstone Bakery, Gladstone
- Brandon (a home in the Blue Hills) Mural, Brandon
- The Iris Café, Erickson
- Poor Michael’s Emporium, Onanole (April – October)
- Crow’s General Store, Brandon
- Benny’s Astoria Pizzaria, Shoal Lake
- Daly House Museum, Brandon
- Prairie Mountain Regional Museum, Shoal Lake/Strathclair
- Hart-Cam Museum, Hartney
- Canadian Pacific Railway Station, Virden
- Commonwealth Air Training Plan Museum, Brandon
- Royal Canadian Artillery Museum, Shilo
- Gingerbread House Museum, Carberry
- Lagasse’s Studio of Fine Art, Souris
- Inspire Art Studio, Minnedosa
When visiting a location with a guest book, often found at a museum, please take a moment to sign the guest book and let them know when you visited. It helps them track visitor numbers which helps them with future funding opportunities.